Sunday, November 25, 2007

Technology Sucks!!

What do you do when you spend anywhere from 5 to 10 hours each week working out alone. You buy an MP3 player....of course.

So, I bought one of these devices, a Sandisk Sansa Clip. It was great. I wore it in the weight room and on runs. And now the piece of shit won't communicate properly with my PC. I've had this thing for about 3 weeks.

Good thing I bought the extended warranty. Why whould I do that?? Because my palm pilot that has a one year warranty has broken 3 times....never making it over a year before it just quits working. So, I've decided to buy warranties with these piece of shit devices. Now, if I can just find the receipt to the damn thing........

Let me tell you, I was happy today when I was standing outside in the brisk 40 degree air messing with cheap ass thing and I couldn't get it to work. So, off I went on a 50 minute run with nothing but the sound of crunching leaves and exhaust pipes (and me swearing at a little plastic shitty MP3 player). F*$%ing technology!!!!!

9 comments:

GP said...

I've found that singing outloud to myself provides ample entertainment for a long run. If not for me, then everyone else. Plus it keeps my intensity in check... I mean, who can sing "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" when she's running too hard. There's a method to this madness....

Have a good Thanksgiving? Did you get some awesome bike deals?

tracie said...

Sorry to hear about your technological misfortune! I experienced some mp3 issues at the Pigskin Classic, so I can relate to your frustration!

It seems that all these 'amazing' techy devices never seem to work properly or save all the time they claim to. Hopefully, you'll find your receipt and get a replacement quickly!!!

Mnowac said...

Oh I hate that. I am so addicted to listening to musci when I run alone. I ruined 2 Ipod nanos - once by washing it! and second by not wearing it with a cover and keeping it in my pocket and it got too sweaty during a 75 mile bike ride, yuck. So, I got a cheap little refurbisehd Ipod shuffle this time. If I'm going to break something, I would rather it be a 40 dollar soemthing, than a 100 dollar something!

E-Speed said...

It's a sign, lay off the mp3 player and enjoy nature!

Adventures with MS said...

HAHA...good post. I think E-Speed has the right idea, too bad we can't all enjoy running enough to turn that MP3 player off.

BTW, CONGRATS on 4th in your age group at the Thanksgiving run.

Jen said...

Good luck with that! I thought of you today as I endured a dreadmill run without my ipod. Psychological torture! But if you're running on the road without headphones, at least you'll hear the cyclists coming :-)

Charlie said...

I must agree with E.

Sing your own song.

Janet Edwards said...

Nothing frustrates me more than when technology doesn't work!

Jen said...

P.S.

Doesn't 40 degrees sound toasty warm now?