Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Time to pull the trusty steed out of winter storage...


A couple of days ago I was hiking through the snow on a blustery 20 degree afternoon and now it is 50 degrees and sunny and I've had a mid-winter "fling" with amaterasu. I've missed her and she's looking and riding as good as ever. I took her for a pretty flat spin out to brandywine falls and back yesterday. It was the first time we've been out since the end of October. Just over an hour in the saddle, 19.5 easy spinning miles at 16.8mph and I felt pretty good. Not long into the ride I came to recall that cars suck. Last night while sleeping I dreamt I was the modern day version of the chap above and my Trek 1200 was scattering Escalade's, Hummer's, and F-150's in every direction.

My semester is coming to a close and I'm very much looking foreward to a month off. I've still got to straigten a couple of things up @ Cleveland State and should be up in downtown beginning in January. I'm very much looking foreward to my studies up there on the lake. If anyone knows of a foolproof money making scheme that would fund the rest of my schooling and allow me to focus more on my studies and work as little as possible, your input is most welcome. All suggestions should be legal....or at least risk free.

If all goes well I hope to spend a few days in Northern Arizona just after the holidays. I could really use a good dose of sunshine, mountains, and the like. I have yet to actually visit one of the energy vortex's near Sedona, but I have to say the entire Verde Valley is a place that just makes you feel good and full of energy. I can see it now, after finishing up a Fat Tire at lunch in Jerome I'll be sure to stop outside the pub for a minute to take in this view.....

1 comment:

Jodi said...

So jealous of your ride! I hope that things will stay nice for the weekend!

I don't have any bright ideas for making money, I'm afraid...

Jodi