Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Will Rake for Beer


After my classes yesterday I stopped to visit Paulie, who was home from work due to the fact that he has a broken Volkswagon to deal with. That, coupled with the seemingly endless amounts of vacation time he has acquired being a government employee had him poking around his homestead. In his refrigerator he had, as usual, a nice stockpile of micro-brewed beer. So, he treated me to a Hell Hath No Fury Ale. Another one of the concoctions from the folks in Kalamazoo it was as good as one would expect. The style is an "american dopple-ale," and the color of the brew was as black as night. mmmmm, good!! In exchange for this tasty beverage I helped Paulie rake his leaves. Seeing that his yard is pretty small this seemed like a great trade. Anyone else have an ale (or three), black in color, that I haven't tried they are willing to exchange for a little help with the leaves?

Today is a busy day with a chiropractor's appt., voting, ye olde job, schoolwork, and a swim to squeeze in. I'm also going to try and make it out to Appalacian Outfitters while they're customer appreciation sale is going on. Time for some new smartwools for the winter!!!

The foot is feeling pretty good and soon I will attempt to run on it to see if the pain returns. For now I'm enjoying my time in the pool and have learned how to keep the water out of my nose, even when my heartrate skyrockets and I'm huffin' and puffin. I think a triathlon is in my future next summer.

Off I go to "Rock the Vote."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

been enjoying the reads man. what is your next blurb going to be on? the dems finally taking back this country or billy leave sci? how can weds. be so up and so down? peaks and valleys man, peaks and valleys.

dong