Friday, November 10, 2006

I'm Blue...

Ohio is blue. Congress is blue. America is blue....finally!! This should be a big step towards rekindling our friendship with the rest of the world, particularly Europe where they are much bigger Bush bashers than we are in the US. Just before the election Bush made a comment that went something like, "a vote for a republican is a vote for peace for generations to come." Makes me think of a quote that I've thought of often over the last few years. "Bombing for peace is like f#*king for virginity." Don't know who to give credit to for that one, but I like the analogy.

It's the end of incidents as we know them. I propose a toast to the good times......


After my swim yesterday I ran for a mile on the treadmill and my foot is pain free!! That is good news and if I can add mileage and put in a few miles on concrete without pain I think it's safe to say that there is not a crack in my talus. My current theory is that my tendons/ligaments in my foot were bothered when I switched shoes. So, I have made an insole change and hopefully things will be better. A runners feet are so temperamental!! The swimming is coming along much more quickly than I thought it would. The human body never ceases to amaze!

The Cavaliers put the stomp down on the Bulls on TNT last night. They made some free throws and got great bench production. If this continues look out!! And how about Sasha Pavlovic stepping up shooting 6-9 from the floor for 16 points in 25 minutes. He's a defensive liability and a bit out of control on the offensive end sometimes, but we sure could use some bench scoring at a guard spot.

I've got a big weekend of nothing planned and should be able to get back on the climbing wall and rest up a bit.....between loads of laundry, schoolwork, etc. If the weather holds I'll take Amaterasu for a spin. I have named my '91 Trek 1200 after the Japanese sun goddess due to her bright yellow color. It also seemed fitting as I plan to ride her in amateur triathlon's and duathlon's next summer. Speaking of, it's figuratively time to run....

No comments: