Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Tonite at Ten...

Have you guys seen the Miller lite commercial where the newscasters fly through their broadcast and then head across the street to the bar. This post is going to be something like that, with a little more detail. If my life was newsworthy, here's what the newscasters would be saying...

I did a little running over the last week or so. 4 to 5 milers at a nice easy pace and I'm having not ITB pain, but still a little stiffness. It seems to be getting better so I'm going to plan on running a couple of days a week until the pain disapears and then I'll increase my weekly mileage. Thinking 'bout the pigskin classic on Saturday....

Sunday I got bit by a dog. On my lower lip. It is healing. It did not get infected, so I am happy. Bitch!!!

Sunday is the beginning of my tri swimming clinic (man, do I need that) so I hit the pool today for the first time in a couple of weeks. 2300 metres. I did a 500M and 1000M time trial. Not balls out, but hard. 500M = 9 min. 1000M = 18 min. give or take a few seconds on each. Haven't lost too much swimming fitness. Cool.

But I have gained 10 lbs. since the Greater Cleveland Tri in mid-August.

It will come off.

Went climbing for the first time in about a year on Monday. After a half hour of bouldering and I couldn't grab onto anything. It took me 15 minutes before I felt like I'd bouldered before. Then, my forearms were cooked. I'd like to keep climbing at least once a week over the winter.

Started some weight training. Ouch! Whilst swimming today, CSU's swim coach, who recognizes me as the slow swimming triathlete he's been seeing at the pool many an afternoon, asked me if I hurt my back or something....told me "you look a little stiff, like you're not walking like normal." Ok, so the weight room has me walking like a duck.

Monday I did my graded excercise test. Not exactly a VO2 max test, because Akron U doesn't have all the equipment. My VO2 max was estimated from the data colected, like my heart rate, blood pressure, etc.

The test went something like this...got hooked up to a shit ton of EKG's and started walking on the treadmill. Every 3 minutes the treadmill spead up and increased the slope. After 15 minutes I was @ an 18% grade or something, around 7 m.p.h. and I wasn't sure if my calves were on fire or if I was going to throw up on Julia, so I stopped. Estimated VO2 max is 58.4 ml/kg/min. I went here and estimated my VO2 max from my 5K PR last summer at 54.04.

C.C. wins the Cy Young....cool.

Tune in next time when......................






I think of something witty to write about.

9 comments:

Charlie said...

I may be at the Pigskin Classic. Save a bloody Mary for me.I think we are doing different swim clinics.

tracie said...

Hmmm, looks like the Pigskin is going to be pop-u-lar! Careful with those weights, Rob will have you working on Sunday!

Jodi said...

See you at Pigskin!

:-)

Jodi

tracie said...

Euclid Corridor Project!? Don't even get me started on that!

Yes, I'm thankful for the drinks, it is going to chilly...

Jen said...

Ouch re: the dog bite! The image of you walking around like a duck with a fat lip is pretty funny, though ;-) Sorry.

B Bop said...

Funny, Veg....really.

;-)

Mnowac said...

I'l be at the Pigskin classic!

I can't believe you got bitten by a dog? What was that all about, were you trying to kiss it or something!

tracie said...

Sorry we missed each other after the race! After Starbucks we went over to Blind Pig and found comfy seats downstairs. Another time??

Good luck swimming tomorrow. Great race by the way!

Charlie said...

I skipped the race yesterday. I needed a good stress relief run Friday after work.(Not from my great job. It was my bank that ticked me off)
Sorry I missed your call. I was on the trainer making all kinds of noise. The game volume was cranked. And so on.
Hope the kick drills were fun.
Uhggggg.