Saturday, August 11, 2007

Waiting......

One more day before the Greater Cleveland Triathlon. I haven't felt great during my taper. My joints and muscles were sore and stiff throughout most of the past couple of weeks. I really learned what it meant to warm-up prior to excercise, as it would take me a good half hour or more to feel loose on all my runs and rides since I cut back on the workouts. This whole taper experience would have me feeling a little nervous about tomorrows event if it weren't for one spin on the bike. On Wednesday, my last workout with Amaterasu before GCT, I felt great. It was a beautiful, sunny afternoon. It was hard to turn around and head for home after just 45 minutes. The Yonder Mountain String Band was piping through my headphones, as they just followed up Keller Williams on my MP3 player. Maybe you remember the Acoustic Planet tour? Check out 8/28/04, from Nashville, Tenessee! Perfect accompanyment to a sunny day spin on the bike (assuming you like banjo's)!!

So, I am off to pick up my race packet. I will be waking tomorrow around 3:30 a.m., heading up to Mentor Headlands, and trying my damndest to cover 70.3 miles in less than 6 hours. As long as I finish I'll be happy and will have accomplished something, but sub-6 would be great! I suppose we'll see tomorrow....

5 comments:

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

Good luck! I'm sure you're going to do great :-)

Janet Edwards said...

Best of luck out there!!! See ya tomorrow!

Charlie said...

have a great race. see you at the finish.

E-Speed said...

Good Luck! Sub 6 all the way!