Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Turn the cranks. Look around...

What a nice afternoon!!! Amaterasu is being fixed up a bit so I headed out after work on my yet to be named specialized hybrid. It's my city bike/commuter...set up with rear rack for lugging things. I spun it over to my LBS to check on Amaterasu, then down to the towpath heading south into Akron. Multi-use trails are not my favorite way to travel, but the towpath is as nice as they come. Well, after the rain I have to say that the limestone surface of the trail gunks everything up a bit. I now have this white dusty paste on my water bottles and drive train. Other than that it's a pretty nice way to travel. It will be great when the towpath is connected all the way to New Philadelphia. I rode into downtown Akron, past the pubs and ballpark, then back to out the north side of the city into Cuyahoga Falls.

Once in the Falls I headed to my favorite local pub, Dominic's, for a bite to eat and a couple Commodore Perry's. From the pub it was a short spin home. Rarely do I ride so leisurly anymore and it was a nice, easy 30 mile evening. Next Wednesday, assuming Amaterasu is up and running I hope to make it to New Vision Cycling. Maybe some intervals and hill workouts will make me fast???? Well, I'm sure they will at least make me fast-er. I am also sure that they will be painful.....but who doesn't like a bit of suffering??

No comments: