Friday, May 11, 2007

Dust off the Asics and grab the fuelbelt.....

Work ends and I had to head to the post office and I'm kind of in a hurry and want to get in a workout in a short amount of time so what do I do???? Run to the post office. Yes, I ran.....3 weeks and the calf seems ready to go. Just in time for Rite Aid!!! Hmmm, should I do it? I can take it nice and slow and I'll PR since it's my first half-marathon. I can get a feel for the distance. My "take it easy and get back into the swing of things" run today was a 5 miler in 45 minutes. The calf felt great!!! My quads are a in a bit of shock, but they just need a few 3 to 5 milers to reawaken. I can put in a few miles this weekend and early in the week and then Rite Aid on Sunday. Hmmmmmmm.......

4 comments:

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

In my opinion, you can always start a race and cut your distance part way through, but the opposite is a little more difficult. I'd say go for it, but be smart about the old injury. It could be a well supported 5 miles, 8 miles, or a 1/2 mary. And of course, stretch, warm up well, hydrate, blah, blah, blah...

Do It!

Janet Edwards said...

Well you know your body best, so just go with whatever feels right. As long as you can live with it being a nice easy training run (and a bonus PR!), just run conservatively and enjoy the vibe of the big day ! See ya Saturday!!!

Charlie said...

Run the race!

Janet Edwards said...

well you left us a cliffhanger...what did you decide????