Sunday, April 01, 2007

You Remember Biz Markie??

I was thinking about the 'ole hip-hop artist Biz Markie today. He had that song "Spring Again" and also "Just a Friend." If I think about the album cover I have to laugh as Biz was dressed up as a scientist making some sort of concoction. The title of the album (I had the cassette) was "The Diabolical Biz Never Sleeps." Good stuff...

My calf has been holding up well over the last week or so since I have resumed running. Today I logged an 8 miler on the towpath and felt great with the sun shining down on me whilt running past many walkers and occasional photographer/cyclist/fellow runner. I watched some geese or something apparently fighting over a bit of dry land as I ran past the oh so crowded beaver marsh near Bath. Watching these birds made the concept of mortage rates and landlords not seem so bad.

Now that swimming season is over the pool at CSU has went from 25M lenghts to 50M lengths, which is a good thing. I realized, however, that I am not quite as good of a swimmer as I had hoped. My heartrate is spiking pretty high with each length. I have to spend quite a bit of time hanging on to the edge of the pool waiting for it to fall so that I can swim another length. I plan to to most of my swimming this summer @ Monroe Falls Metro Park where they rope off lengths that are 200 or 250 meters. I have quite a bit of work ahead of me to get this swimming thing worked out. I don't think I'll get breaks to catch my breath in the open water swims this summer I plan to endure in my first season of triathlon's. I am optimistic though because this fall when I started I couldn't even swim 25M without my hearrate going through the roof.

I cannot experess in words how good it feels to spend some time with Amaterasu again, after another long Ohio winter. We spun to the post office that is on the other side of downtown Akron the other day. It was the first time I had ever riden a road bike in city traffic and it was.....fun, to say the least. My current commuter is a hybrid, but I think I may have to make a change sometime soon as the road bike makes my enjoyment of racing cars a more concievable task, albeit a race that I can really never win....but that doesn't stop me.

Time for me to catch some Z's as another week begins with the dawn. It will be a busy one as I have another research paper coming due soon. Tomorrow should bring springtime weather (of the sunny variety) and I'll be out spinning on the bike after work and I may be looking for a 10K to run next weekend. So my friends, these are the day to day details of my life. If you have read this far either you are terribly bored or truly are a friend and gain enjoyment from the details of my life. Stay tuned as I have a funny story about the fellow swimming in the lane next to me last week that I do not have the energy to type about tonite......

1 comment:

Charlie said...

Be patient with the swim. take :05 between laps. By the start of the season You will be swimming as relaxed as you want.
Time on the bike outside is great. Hope it was good to you, looks like the weather is about to change again.