Sunday, March 18, 2007

Just before a moment of equality.....

Been thinking about the passing of time this weekend. Must be the changing of the seasons. The equionox is on Tuesday and the birds know it. I stood outside this morning and although there were patches of snow on the ground and it was just above freezing the trees were alive with song.

I get particularly nostalgic around the equinox. Life and death has cycled yet again and I am witnessing it for the 31st time. After all these years one would think life would be easy. Hardly. I do enjoy a challenge. Maybe it is the year of the dragon in which I was born or the Leo moon that hung overhead as I took my first breathe that has presented me with a life full of challenges. I create them.

I had tried to live an idle life at one point. Imagine someone sitting under a tree whilst their hair grows and you might get it. Here's the catch, this idle man sitting under the tree is still challenging himself....thinking through the mysteries of the universe, or, if nothing else pondering the mysteries of this life and his experiences in it.

For me the mental challenge was not enough and the Dragon gains satisfaction, apparently, from physical challenges as well.

I push on and on and my heart beats fast for hours until my experience becomes surreal. The vivid color of the tree with it's prefectly amorphous shape against the sky/cloud splatter heavens and soft cool breeze bird harmony is bliss.

I was reunited with Amaterasu today. Boy oh boy, the places she takes me......

1 comment:

Janet Edwards said...

What a cool name for your beauty!