Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Newfound importance of the daily schedule...

I will navigate through the snow today on a 70 mile round trip commute to Cleveland State for a class on economics and another on the study of logic. Saturday I started my on-line class on race, culture, and urban life. Between work and school I am not sure where I will find the time to train as much as I'd like, blog, or drink beer, and believe me, I enjoy all three.

Yesterday I logged a 4 mile run through the cold rain and felt pretty good, although my lower back has been having some minor problems of late. My Sciatica is acting up a bit and the back of my legs send a strange senstation from my ass down towards the heel of my foot from time to time. Yoga is the awnser. No time is my excuse. Yoga is not a priority is the truth (although the sciatica tells me it should be).

I plan to check out the rec center on campus today as I set out for my little half mile swim. My tuition is paying for a brand spanking new rec center that may or may not be finished yet (I'll see later this morning). I don't believe it has a climbing wall. I thought every university built a climbing wall in their new, state-of-the-art, multiple million dollar, fitness center these days. It seems to help recruit the trendy "eco-athlete" of the day. The climbing wall is for all the people that listed hiking in the interests section of their application to the university and if I had to guess there are a few of them.

Here's a funny story. I played football in high school. I ran into the father of another CFHS football alum. We shake hands. Before telling me that his son is pursuing his doctorate, he tells me that the tags on my car are expired. Huh?? You notice shit like this? Are you serious? He was. They have been expired since August and although I am not sure how I forgot to renew my registration I know that I will have a brand spanking new sticker on my liscense plate today. I also know that I will be driving through the snow up to Cleveland after I visit the State of Ohio BMV. I also know that I must get a couple of things done around the office here before moving on with my day. I guess that means my budget of blogging time for the day is filled. I think I may find out in the near future how little sleep I really need to stay healthy. I always thought I needed 8 hours of sleep every night, but that was before I had 8 days worth of stuff to do each week. And without blogging, beer, and bike rides I might lose my sanity...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.