Wednesday, December 27, 2006

All In The Blink of an Eye...

Whoa!! Another year has come and gone!

I came to the realization that the "laid back" christmas that I experienced this year is largely due to the fact that I am an only child who is single with no children. A nice situation arises from this scenario as I spent Christmas day eating leftovers, reading, watching television, and sleeping. Quite a different experience, this is, when compared to my youth. Quite a different experience, this is, when compared to my friends that are married or are parents. Make no mistake about it, I liked my mellow christmas.

Christmas night I was given a Lebron James bobblehead whilst sipping on a delicious glass of gin provided by the handsome couple below and their furry friend. I am not a gin drinker, but this stuff was delicious. It tasted like like a combinatin of pine trees, cucumbers, and flowers. Very, very tasty!




I ran into many 'ole chaps I have known since my youth last night and we were having so much fun that upon being kicked out of the pub at closing time Jim, being the generous guy he is, offered to share his bottle of 10 yr. old single barrel bourbon with us that he had gotten as a gift earlier in the night. So, we moved the party into Andy's mothers house just down the street. Lucky for her, she was not home for the evening and was not awoken by a handful of half-drunk 30 year old men. After a few hours discussing Einstein and general relativity, followed by a debate about global warming (all "fueled" by this special bourbon) someone decided to look at their watch. Bad idea! I arrived home at 6:00 a.m.

My orthopedic doc gave me a nice holiday gift just before christmas....the news that my MRI showed no evidence of a fracture. There was a small amount of inflamation showing up that must be from my muscles in my foot causing the pain I have been having. I may need to switch shoes, or get a different insole to try and remedy the problem which is much better than a cast or a screw. On christmas eve I logged an easy 3 miles in preperation for "The Great New Year's Eve Race" at Stow high school. What a wonderful holiday.....

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Sounds like you had a very pleasant holiday!

Great news about the foot- run on!

Jodi

Charlie said...

Have a good race. Have some more good whiskey.
Happy mellow new year.