Saturday, November 04, 2006

Nose Plug's Please

Since I'm having this foot problem and can't run or climb I've started swimming. Yesterday was day 2 of this new hobby. I recieved a crash course in technique after my first pool session (thanks Jodi!) and was eager to get back into the pool to try and swim with my improved form. One of the concepts to being an effecient swimmer is to keep your weight over your upper body so your legs pop up in the water. So, I put on my new goggles to test this out. I found out a couple of things: 1) this is a much more effecient way to swim than with your head poking up out of the water; and 2) too much water goes up my nose with my head facing down into the pool. I tried to combat this by blowing as much air as possible out of my nose while my head was in the water. I kept thinking of using my nose like a whale uses it's blowhole to keep the stinging water at bay. It only worked part of the time. Hopefully, with a little practice I'll learn to keep the water out of my nose...or at least I'll get used to the burning sensation in my nose whilst swimming.

Last night we made a last minute journey up to the House of Blues to see the North Mississippi All-Stars. They sounded great and were having a blast on stage. I was of course indulging in a Christmas Ale and soaking in the ear candy. The room was only sparsly full with most everyone venturing up close to the stage, heads bopping to the beat. It seemed to me that the all-stars were a bit looser and shall we say....funkier than the previous couple of times I've seen them.

It was great to kick it with the Charleston folks this weekend!!! Hopefully we'll get together before you head back down south!!


The Cavaliers are for real this year!! How about them handling the Spurs in San Antonio last night. Their defense has really come around, and if they can keep the turnovers in check, make some damn free throws, and continue to stay balanced on offense they are going to be in the NBA finals playing the Mavs come this winter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.