Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Credit Where Credit is Due

Yes, I complain and complain about Damon Jones performance since coming to Cleveland. I post these thoughts in my new blog and then the 'ole chap goes out a week later and catches fire against the Knicks scoring 29 while hitting 7 of 10 shots from behind the arc. It's about time. I will be happy to stop bashing the guy if he gets a little consistency and gives us the bench scoring in the backcourt we so desperatly need. He may have been worried that Sasha would be taking some of his minutes with his recent surge in production. Maybe he corrected a hitch in his shot that he developed from adjusting to the breeze blowing inland from the Great Lake Erie. Whatever the reason I'll take it and insist that if we get production from he or Sasha off the bench we will all witness the cavs offensive production increase enough to not be a question of whether or not we need a point guard to make it deep into the playoffs. Speaking of poing guards, Eric Snow's minutes this year are minimal....maybe Danny Ferry and company will be trying to address the position before the trade dedline. My guess is that it lies in the hands of the bench players production.

Tonight at the Akron Library, journalist Kevin Sites will be speaking about what he has seen in his coverage of the war in Iraq. It should be interesting, if not troubling evening. I plan on squeezing in a swim workout along with some weight training either before or after this event. My calf raises on the "calf roller" on Monday has given me considerable difficulty walking which makes it "painfully" obvious that the time in the weight room will be beneficial. I have yet to regress into the Hulkamaniac of my youth, but look foreward to whatever physical and mental transformation takes place after my time in the weight room. Off I go to study my grimmace in the mirror so that I am in no way mistaken for a bleeding heart liberal or endurance athlete whilst pumping iron. No friends, no deadhead here; I am now an ass kicking meathead. Don't
f%$k with me, my economy car, or my tax and spend ideals. If you do, I'll be off at once to buy a Hummer and prove to you what a little testosterone is capable of....

No comments: