Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I need a vacation.....

I am beat up. My knee hurts. My muscles are tired and achy. I have a sore throat. After a nice 50 minute run Tuesday night with a couple hill repeats I have made a sound decision to put away my running shoes for a spell. My friends, I am taking a vacation...

But just like my 70.3 mile journey around Northeast Ohio this summer I'm not really going anywhere. Well, except I am. This weekend I'll be @ the Bioneers conference. Actually, the conference came to me. Ok, not exactly....but it came to Cleveland State, where I happen to spend a little bit of my time. Tomorrow morning I'll start off my vacation with a tour of the urban farms here in Cleveland. That, my friends, is the way to start a vacation!!!!

Oh, and when I return from my vacation I'll begin the journey towards next summers goals....one of which will take me to the southern shores of Lake Michigan. I was contemplating which races I wanted to do next summer, and the ironveganmusician in town helped me make up my mind.

Good luck to my friends racing (and pacing) this weekend. Charlie, E-speed, and Paulie. I sense PR's and trips to Boston will be earned!!! And if you'd like a first hand description of the craziness that went on @ the Chicago Marathon, stop over to Janet's blog, and read about her experience there.

And as for my vacation experiences....I just might blog about something other than racing. And you were begining to think that's all I thought about anymore, weren't you?

3 comments:

Charlie said...

It was good to watch the ballgame with ya. Not the outcome we hoped for, but the party was great.
My friends Pete Mcdonald and Hal Walker are playing music at your conference. Check them out you will really dig it.

Jen said...

The best thing about the running vacation (self-imposed or not) is looking forward to getting back to it. Enjoy your rest - you've earned it with the stellar rookie season you've had!!!

That conference sounds awesome, by the way!

E-Speed said...

enjoy the rest period! If JFK wasn't on the horizon I think my legs would gladly join you!