Thursday, March 08, 2007

Back from the depths of the textbook...

I am back in bloggerland. I have been bogged (as opposed to blogged) down with my studies and work and training, but no more. I'll be bogged down with blogging from this day foreward...or....at least I'll find some time to stop by bloggerland and type a bit.

Training is good. I have increased my swim workouts to 1000 meters. My form is improving with every workout and my stroke count has dropped tremendously since I first got in the pool this winter. Soon, I'll bump the workouts up to 1250 meters. I am on the training path to my first half marathon in May. So far so good...but thus far my long run has only been 6 miles and will double over the next couple of months leading up to the race. Over the last month I came to grips with the fact that I am officially addicted to endorphins. Could be worse....

Spring break is next week and I'll be spending it in Northeast Ohio. I'm welcoming the opportunity to have a lax schedule for a week. I may count my pennies, splurge on some extra gasoline for the tank and some marshmellow's, and try to spend a few days in the forest somewhere. If so I'll be sure to share pictures.

If you get the chance, watch The Prestige, it's a pretty cool movie. If you like magic, inventors, energy (as in electricy and such), conspiracies, and/or mysteries you'll love it. And trust me, you'll be fooled.

Time to catch some Z's....I won't be gone so long this time......

2 comments:

Charlie said...

Welcome back. Enjoy those endophins.

Jodi said...

I've been a bad blogger too! I'm so behind!

Great to hear your swim workouts are improving. It's good to keep the volume down while you are getting a feel for the water. It will help your form develop.

Are you doing the Cleveland half? I'll see you there. I'm going to run it as a training run with my roommate. It will be her first half

:-)

Jodi